« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 10/1/2022, 21:37

Biting's excellent.
It's like kissing.
Only there's a winner.

Group:
QCiL

jpg

Titolo originale We Are Legion (We Are Bob)
Autore Dennis E. Taylor
Serie Bobiverse #1
Genere fantascienza
Paese U.S.A.
Lingua inglese
Prima edizione 2016
Editore Audible Original
Pagine 383
Trama
Bob Johansson has just sold his software company and is looking forward to a life of leisure. There are places to go, books to read, and movies to watch. So it's a little unfair when he gets himself killed crossing the street.
Bob wakes up a century later to find that corpsicles have been declared to be without rights, and he is now the property of the state. He has been uploaded into computer hardware and is slated to be the controlling AI in an interstellar probe looking for habitable planets. The stakes are high: no less than the first claim to entire worlds. If he declines the honor, he'll be switched off, and they'll try again with someone else. If he accepts, he becomes a prime target. There are at least three other countries trying to get their own probes launched first, and they play dirty.
The safest place for Bob is in space, heading away from Earth at top speed. Or so he thinks. Because the universe is full of nasties, and trespassers make them mad - very mad.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

Primo capitolo di una serie di tre (prossimamente quattro) libri che vedono Robert "Bob" Johansson come protagonista.
Bob, imprenditore appena diventato milionario, muore poco dopo aver firmato un contratto per la criostasi ma, al risveglio, le cose non sono esattamente come si era immaginato.
Immagazzinato in un computer, Bob diventa la sola speranza di salvezza per la razza umana... lui e i suoi cloni.
Purtroppo per i costruttori, la personalità di Bob si adegua fin troppo bene alla situazione e i suoi cloni si rivelano essere più indipendenti del previsto, esplorando sì la galassia alla ricerca di Terra 2, ma con risultati imprevisti.
Urge la lettura del prossimo capitolo.

Buona l'interpretazione di Ray Porter è ottima, con una buona caratterizzazione di tutti i Bob.

0 replies since 10/1/2022, 21:37   35 views